Art collection management companies typically provide a range of services to help individuals and organizations care for and manage their art collections. These services can include:
- Cataloging and documentation: These management companies can help to create detailed records of an art collection, including information about the individual works, their provenance, and any relevant historical context.
- Storage and conservation: Art management companies often have secure, climate-controlled storage facilities where works of art can be stored and preserved. They may also offer conservation and restoration services to help maintain the condition of the art.
- Exhibition and loan management: If an art collection is to be displayed or loaned to other institutions, these collection management companies can assist with the logistics of these arrangements, including transportation, installation, and insurance.
- Marketing and sales: Some art collection management firms offer assistance with marketing and selling works of art, either through auctions, private sales, or online platforms.
- Legal and financial services: These collection management companies may also offer support with legal and financial matters related to an art collection, including estate planning, tax issues, and insurance.
Overall, the specific services offered by art collection management companies can vary, and it’s important to carefully consider the needs of an art collection and choose a company that can provide the necessary support.
Certified art appraisers are experts trained to determine artwork’s value. Individuals or organizations typically hire them to assess the worth of a specific artwork or art collection for various purposes, like insurance, tax, or estate planning.